Tracon FPT 130 Single-Point Freeze Protection Heat–Trace Control
The FPT 130 Heat–Trace Control is a single–point microprocessor–based heat–trace control thermostat. It is ideal for applications which require Ground–Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP). Ideal uses include freeze protection, and other temperature monitoring and control applications.
The FPT 130 Heat–Trace Control operates from the heater’s power source. A universal power supply allows the FPT 130 to operate from 100 V ac to 277 V ac, and control a resistive load up to 30 A.
Adjustable Temperature Setpoint and Alarms
The temperature setpoint is adjustable from 30 °F, 38 °F, 45 °F, or 50 °F (−1.1 °C, 3.3 °C, 7.2 °C, or 10 °C) to a tenth degree resolution.
The FPT 130 comes with a 100K ohm thermistor temperature sensor with a 20 ft. jacketed cable. The included sensor has an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F (−40 °C to 110 °C).
Precision Monitoring and Control
The FPT 130 monitors temperature, load current, and ground leakage current. Alarms include low temperature, low load current, ground fault, sensor fault, internal fault, and power fail. These alarms are pre-set and easy to observe from the front panel.
Ground–Fault Equipment Protection
The FPT 130 Heat–Trace Control includes integral GFEP. This eliminates the extra expenses associated with having to provide separate GFEP components in the circuit panel. The FPT 130 normally disconnects power immediately when ground fault current exceeds 30 mA. If it is set to Fire Protect mode, for critical fire protection systems, then it will generate the alarm but power will be maintained to prevent freezing.
Automatic GFEP Circuit Self–Test
To ensure continued safe operation, the FPT 130 performs a self–test of the GFEP circuit when power is first applied, along with a load ground fault test, and this test repeats every 24 hours while power is applied if the load has not been energized.
Features & Benefits
- Adjustable temperature set point of 30 °F, 38 °F, 45 °F, or 50 °F (−1.1 °C, 3.3 °C, 7.2 °C, or 10 °C) for various freeze protection applications
- Can use an NEC Class 2 temperature sensor with up to 2,000 ft. cable for enhanced installation options
- Thermistor temperature sensor with 20 ft. cable included for applications of −40 °F to 230 °F (−40 °C to 110 °C)
- Ground–Fault Equipment Protection with manual and automatic test function
- Alarms for excess ground fault current, low load current, and temperature
- Alarms indicated with panel LED lights and relay contact for remote signaling
- A Fault Mode setting which can be set to energize or de-energize the heaters during a sensor fault
- Fire Protection Mode maintains heater operation for use in critical fire protection systems
- Durable weather–resistant NEMA 4X IP66 enclosure permits indoor or outdoor installation