Nelson™ Heat Trace LT Series self-regulating heater cable is ideal for use in maintaining fluid flow under low ambient conditions. LT Series heating cables are available in 120 and 240 voltages and are designed for use in ordinary (unclassified) and hazardous (classified) locations. Typical applications for this product are freeze protection and low watt density process temperature systems such as product pipelines, fire protection, process water, dust suppression systems, lube oil, condensate return and structure anti-icing.
LT Self-Regulating Heater Cable Description
- Nelson Type LT self-regulating heater cable is a parallel circuit electric heater strip.
- An irradiation cross-linked conductive polymer core material is extruded over the multi stranded, tin-plated, 16-gauge copper bus wires.
- The conductive core material increases or decreases its heat output in response to temperature changes.
- Two jackets provide extra dielectric strength, moisture resistance, and protection from impact and abrasion damage.
- The inner thermoplastic jacket is extruded over and bonded to the core material.
- A thermoplastic elastomer over jacket is then extruded over the inner jacket.
- A stranded tinned copper metal braid is supplied on all heaters.
- An optional over jacket (fluoropolymer or modified polyolefin) can be specified when the heater cable is to be installed in wet or corrosive environments.
- The base product is supplied with a tinned copper metal braid that may be used in both general applications and in dry, non-corrosive hazardous (classified) areas.
LT Self-Regulating Heater Cable Application
- Nelson Type LT self-regulating heater cable is ideal for use in maintaining fluid flow under low ambient conditions.
- Freeze protection and low watt density process temperature systems such as product pipelines, fire protection, process water, dust suppression systems, lube oil, condensate return, domestic hot water and structure anti-icing are typical applications for this product.